ALL AUDIA, ALL THE TIME

Welcome to the Audia Family Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

Happiness

I was thinking the other day about something I read while I was thinking about how much I miss Mom.

Andy Andrews once said that we don't have a switch we can hit to just be happy, but that happiness is a product of gratefulness. He went on to say that we could, however, sit down and write down on a piece of paper 10 things that we are grateful for and that when we got up, we would be happier... So I made a list.

In no particular order...

I am grateful for:

1. a Father in Heaven that knows what we need and provides it when we ask. I don't always get it... but I want to.

2. a father on earth who is everything that a family could want. Everyone I have ever met who knows our Dad has said that he is special... Sometimes this zooms right past us all. Not this time.

3. a sister and brother in law who are so very sweet and caring. We love those little girls, don't we? Susan, you will always be our baby.

4. a band of brothers who truly stand together. Our differences are merely time fillers between laughs. I love being around you all. Never a dull moment.

5. Melissa and the mother she is... Nobody does it better, Mel. We love those little monkeys!

6. a career that has been so prosperous, that I am afraid to mention it so that it isn't jinxed. I can't WAIT to go back to work... not even kidding.

7. all the kids who I have taught and coached. Some say thanks, though none need to. I enjoy watching them grow up (while I stay the same age haha).

8. Technology... xbox 360, Blackberry, Mac... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

9. a group of close friends who "get" me and push me to become more than I am. Good friends don't "accept you as you are," guys. Leave that to the guy in the drive through.

10. a Mom that I catch myself laughing about almost daily now. Gosh, I can't wait to hear her laugh again. We get to go to her... Trust me, I got that part.

Happy Holidays, Guys.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That was awesome, Kelly!