ALL AUDIA, ALL THE TIME

Welcome to the Audia Family Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Holy Ka-ra-TAY

So tonight was Caleb's first introduction to Karate. We all went as a family and sat in the room during the whole lesson. First of all - he is such a cutie! We saw his backside the whole time and just smiled about 98% of that hour. I did not take any pictures since what I thought the setting would be like - was NOT! I was too afraid that if my flash went off - both the Sensei (Japanese for "teacher") & the "Master of the House" (forgot what that is in Japanese) would have me down in a position I wouldn't be able to get out of. So, Karate is more than just kicking and making fists and yelling. These kids were speaking more Japanese than I can Spanish. Talk about discipline! I was so afraid Caleb was going to be intimidated, but as soon as it ended he was jumping all over the place saying how much he loved it. When the students are instructed to get in a specific stance, only Japanese is used. Caleb did very well for not ever hearing the language before. And he found himself a buddy that is the only other newbie to the class.

On the way home, Brian was explaining to the boys about Japan and Joshua said, "I know what Japan is, Daddy. It's a bullet train!"

This is definitely one of the most challenging things for my little peanut that I have ever sat through, but Caleb is all about it, and because of that I support him 100% :) Who knows, this just might entice me start cooking some Japanese dishes in addition to expanding my Italian meals!

No comments: