ALL AUDIA, ALL THE TIME

Welcome to the Audia Family Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

New Shoes and the Week One Report

Look, Melissa and I may be novices to this whole marathon thing, but momma “didn’t raise no dummy” (well, maybe she did, but it wasn’t me and this post isn’t about uncle Kent). When your shins and knees start hurting when you run, you might want to look into shoes that have a little more cushion for the pushin’. Wah-la! The Nike Zoom Vomero+ 4. For those of you not in the know, Zoom means really, really fast and Vomero is Spanish for “tons of soft, feathery pillows under your bunions.” The “+” stands for Switzerland, I think. Either that or it is St. George’s Cross. I’m not sure but I appreciate what both have done for the world through the ages so we won’t split hairs. The “4” is obviously a tribute to Lou Gehrig, everybody should know that.

Week one report: We went three miles on Tuesday, five on Wednesday, three on Thursday and eight on Saturday for a total of 19 miles for the week. We’ve been running for about six months regularly, but only recently started actual real life training for something, namely the Los Angeles Marathon. We are averaging about 10:15 per mile in our training runs. We’re both a little sore. Melissa has had the most trouble with her knees and is sore in her thighs more than anything. I’ve had a little problem with my knees and a little with my shins, but for the most part they are fine. My calves are sore! They’ve kind of balled up into a couple of golf ball sized knots.

Is that bad?

Also, Melissa is in better shape aerobically than me at this point, so I’m cutting out all cigars, pipes and hand rolled cigarettes during training runs...

17 Weeks to go.


brian AUDIA
President and CEO
Surgance, Inc.
Uncommon Partners. Common Ground. Changing Lives.
www.surgance.com <http://www.surgance.com/>
702.468.4637 cell
702.309.SURG
(7874) office

Posted via email from Brian D. Audia

No comments: